Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thank you for making my carpet clean

Ok..well they weren't exactly my carpets, they were my daughter's carpets. But I'm the Cinderella in the story.
Before my daughter could move back into her house after a medical stay in Denver, her house needed to be cleaned.

We have a saying at our house, and it goes something like this, "Your Mom will get that".

So I went over to discover a terrible mess of urine and dirt tracked everywhere...some of it was from the dog and some of it was from her husband.

This job was too big for plain old steam cleaner solutions.

So I decided to add a little bit of Oxi-Clean to every other refill on the steam cleaner.

It did occur to me that it might not be good for the steamer which I own, it wasn't a rental; for a powder to be going through it instead of a liquid...but I wanted those carpets clean.

And WOW is all I could say when I was done.
Those carpets haven't been that clean for two years.
Thank you Oxi-Clean...you saved the day, again.

After the carpets began to sparkle, I couldn't stop myself...next thing I know, I'm washing the windows and scrubbing the walls from ceiling to floor. Cleaning the baseboards and the switch covers, too.
Dusting everything in sight.
The washer and dryer got moved out and I scrubbed the floor under those.
I took all the curtains down, laundered and rehung them.
Washed the bedding and remade all the beds.
Scrubbed the bathroom and replaced the slimy shower curtain liner.


When my daughter arrived back home, jiggety, jig...the first word out of her mouth was ..WOW!









Print This Post

No comments:

Post a Comment